|Real name:||Warren Edward Buffett|
|When was Warren Buffett born?||30 August 1930|
|How old is Warren Buffett in 2017?||86 years|
|Where was Warren Buffett born?||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
Warren Buffett net worth and salary: Warren Buffett is one of the richest people in the world who has a net worth of $75 billion. Warren Buffett is arguably the most famous and successful investor in history. If you had invested $10,000 with Warren Buffett in 1966, today you would have over $160 million! That same $10,000 invested in the S&P would be $140,000. Warren Buffett has pledged to give away 99% of his net worth to charity before he dies. 83% of the money will go to The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. That equates to roughly $41 billion which makes it the largest charitable gift in human history. Buffett’s philanthropy has inspired other billionaires to pledge at least 50% of their net worth to charity in their lifetimes as well, a truly remarkable accomplishment.
The 78 year-old Warren Buffett is notorious for investing in products he actually uses. For example, he owns Fruit of the Loom because he enjoyed their shirts and underwear. Warren has made headlines recently after his love of a specific brand of suit led him to invest in the Chinese firms Trands Co. He’s not the only powerful guy sporting Trands: Former Chinese President Hu Jintao and billionaire Bill Gates are also big fans of the brand. The Oracle of Omaha and CEO of financial powerhouse Berkshire Hathaway also recently made a video commemorating the apparel company’s 30th anniversary and took the opportunity to gush about his nine Trands suits. The best part? Even though the cheapest Trands suit costs $880, Buffett hasn’t paid a dime for his wardrobe though he claims he has asked for a bill. It’s not a bad investment for Trands’ founder and Buffett gal-pal Li Guilian, whose stock has risen 70% since the video went public.
Net Worth details: Buffett’s fortune is mostly due to his 18 percent interest in Berkshire Hathaway. That share earned him 20.8 percent each year from 1965 to 2016. Buffett owns nearly 300 thousand Class A shares and almost 150 thousand Class B shares of the company. He also owns more than two million shares of both Wells Fargo and Seritage Growth Properties, nearly 900 thousand shares of U.S. Bancorp, and 9,000 more shares of IBM. Even with all of those holdings, his Berkshire Hathaway shares have been calculated to represent over 98 percent of his net worth. He also donates around five percent of that stock to charity each summer.
- He is considered by some to be one of the most successful investors in the world
- Buffett is the chairman, CEO and largest shareholder of Berkshire Hathaway, and is consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest people
- He was ranked as the world’s wealthiest person in 2008 and as the third wealthiest in 2015
- In 2012 Time named Buffett one of the world’s most influential people
- Buffett is often referred to as the “Wizard of Omaha” or “Oracle of Omaha,” or the “Sage of Omaha,” and is noted for his adherence to value investing and for his personal frugality despite his immense wealth
- Buffett is a notable philanthropist, having pledged to give away 99 percent of his fortune to philanthropic causes, primarily via the Gates Foundation
- On April 11, 2012, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, for which his doctors successfully completed treatment in September 2012
- Buffett is also active in contributing to political causes, having endorsed Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton for president during the 2016 campaign season
Mr. Warren E. Buffett has been the Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. since 1970. Mr. Buffett is the Owner of IMC Group. He serves as Manager and Member of the Board of Managers at Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC. He has over 43 years of experience as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of publicly traded and private companies, providing the board of directors with a strong background in finance, investing and other complex
3555 Farnam Street
Board Members Memberships
Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Borsheim Jewelry Company, Inc.
Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
Citigroup Global Markets Holdings Inc.
Berkshire Hathaway Energy Company
The Lubrizol Corporation
Kraft Heinz Intermediate Corporation II
The Kraft Heinz Company
The Kraft Heinz Foods Company
Precision Castparts Corp.
Master’s Degree 1951
University of Nebraska
Unknown/Other Education 1949
University of Pennsylvania – The Wharton School